Dec 16, 2016

Guest Blogger Series! Featuring: Mrs Doodles!

Poe Solstice Series Explained.

                           By: Doodles


“Marching” (or head banging in my case) “to the tune of my own circus” as they say, is my way of doing just about everything. In most of my photography and art I love to combine opposites, or create an artful oxymoron. This is the case with the Poe Solstice Series.

It all started when I wanted to send Winter Holiday cards, but of course they couldn’t be just any cards, no store bought nonsense would do. They would have to be cool, gothic, and may be a bit dark or moody. For me this time of year is about celebrating Winter and all it has to offer. I could debate many things about many celebrations during this time of year but of one thing I am certain, it is the longest darkest time of year we have in the northern hemisphere. I Have looked out my window for decades and each year this is true.

So I set to work, making collages from items in my images, cut out and regrouped to make a new image. Lots of black birds, umm duh Poe, and yes even death symbolized in vultures and graveyards. I tried to also show the brightness of hope and joy that is in the darkness this time of year, even a family of vultures hangs their stocking in the moonlight, with hopes of Saint Nic.


That one is my #1 Favorite of the 18 cards. I usually have a moon lighting the long dark night, somehow it seems brighter in the cold air. Snow with all it's glittery reflection making the moon light much more luminous; is another frequent feature.

Poe Solstice Series, in a nutshell, is my eccentric and eclectic notions about “The Winter Holidays”


Have a Rockin Good Winter Holidays!
               \../_(◣_◢)_\../ Doodles


Want to read more? Go and visit her page https://mrsdoodles.wordpress.com

2 comments:

  1. Brilliantly described and explained... Rather than dark, I think it represents seeing positives in negatives, believing in hope when there's darkness! And I do believe your #1 favourite is mine too! Cheers & Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz always have an awesome way to express her creativity!

      Delete